Forum consultation kicks off
In December 2020, the RHF announced it was welcoming Forum for Young Canadians under its umbrella. Over its 45-year history, Forum has helped more than 25,000 Canadians deepen their understanding of Canada and its national decision-making processes.
The RHF pledged to initiate a robust consultation process with key stakeholders, partners, alumni and most importantly young people from across the country, to develop the next iteration of Forum’s programming to ensure it returns stronger post-pandemic.
Today, the first stage of that process is kicking off with the first meeting of Forum’s Advisory Council. We are delighted to introduce you to Forum for Young Canadians’ Advisory Council Members:
- Désirée McGraw (QC) – Co-Chair, Special Advisor to the President and CEO (Philanthropic Foundations Canada), Former FFYC Board Director, Forum alumna
- Victor Thomas (SK) – Co-Chair, President and CEO (Canada-India Business Council), RHF Board Director Emeritus
- Allison MacLachlan (ON) – Director, External Relations and Public Engagement (RHF)
- Debbie Michael (AB) – Principal (Maskwacîs Education Schools Commission)
- Éloge Butera (QC) – Senior Policy Advisor (Public Safety Canada)
- Joel Agarwal (AB) – President, Students’ Union (University of Alberta)
- Kuthula Matshazi (NU) – Director, Policy and Planning-Department of Education (City of Iqaluit, Nunavut)
- Kyla Kakfwi Scott (NT) – Director, Community, Culture, and Innovation-Department of Health and Social Services (Government of the Northwest Territories)
- Liam O’Brien (NL) – Student, Special Assistant (House of Commons Canada), recent FFYC alumnus
- Lisa de Wilde (ON) – Adjunct Professor (Schulich School of Business, Your University)
- Mark Beckles (ON) – Vice President, Social Impact and Innovation (RBC)
- Marlene Floyd (ON) – National Director, Corporate Affairs (Microsoft), Former FFYC Board Chair, alumna
- Michèle Benoit (ON) – Manager, Youth Programs and Partnerships and FFYC Lead (RHF), FFYC alumna
- Olivia Stewart (SK) – Student, recent FFYC alumna
- Paul Davidson (ON) – President and CEO (Universities of Canada), RHF Board Director
- Stephen Brosha (NS) – Pilot (Canadian Armed Forces Pilot), former FFYC Board Director and alumnus
- Teresa Marques (ON) – President and CEO (RHF), FFYC alumna
Stay tuned in the coming weeks and months for updates on the Advisory Committee’s activities and recommendations.