July 14, 2020
Recognizing excellence in Canadian innovation
Today the Rideau Hall Foundation announced the recipients of the fifth annual Governor General’s Innovation Awards. These awards recognize and celebrate exceptional Canadian individuals, teams and organizations for their excellence in innovation and their contributions to helping shape our future and positively impact our quality of life.
The recipients of the 2020 Governor General’s Innovation Awards are:
- AccessNow App (Ms. Maayan Ziv – young innovator)
- CHIME: A Revolutionary New Canadian Telescope
- Embers Staffing Solutions
- New Frontiers in Lung Transplant Medicine (Dr. Shaf Keshavjee)
- Reconciliation Through Indigenous Law (Dr. John Borrows)
- Sheertex (Ms. Katherine Homuth – young innovator)
The winners were selected in the winter of 2020 and the ceremony will be announced at a later date.
Please visit the GGIA website to read more about the 2020 GGIA Laureates.